Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Hi, my name is Katie, and I'm a book addict."

Yes, it's true. I could honestly give up every life responsibility and commit 100% of my time to reading. My eyes are suffering. My sleep sometimes suffers. My poor husband travels in silence when we are on a family trip. Our checking account suffers as well. The moral to this story: someone please shower me with Barnes & Noble gift cards!!!!!

__________________________________________________________

Welcome to The Bookies, a book club for book addicts. My lovely sister in-law Stacy, and I have had our own little private book club for years and decided it was time to branch out. She & I live on opposite ends of the state, so our book club is, for the most part, electronic. We purchase eBooks and read them on our iPod Touches, then we lend them out to one another (hence the request for B&N gift cards.) But sometimes we get the itch to read an actual book. The kind where you turn the pages and get that invigorating whiff of paper that only books have. When we indulge in buying a real book, we trade out a couple of times a year. It's so much fun!

My hope is that Stacy will indulge me a little and bless you with her presence on The Bookies occasionally. We shall see...... (*wink, wink*)

Feel free to search through our bookshelves (Stacy, get yours on here, pronto! LOL.) Maybe you will find something interesting (and most likely, ummm, sexy). And if you would like to join us, shoot us an email and we'll add you to our lending list.

Happy Reading!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment